Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Week 6

6

Color Schemes
Monochromatic







Triads





Analogous




Complementary




Split-Complements





_________________________________________________________________________________


Ski Advertisements and Graphics

The thing I love about the ski industry is its creativity and opportunity for interesting advertising and design. There are so many outlets for creativity within the ski world. Whether it is the graphics on the skis, the old school posters lining the lodges, or the advertisements inside of magazines, the ski industry is a great place to get involved. 

Volkl skis are always visually pleasing and bright. I love looking at all the unique designs. 

I love the old school designs they use. Especially the third pair from the left, I love the shapes and contrast with the bold lines. 

I love how they manipulated this picture and added type to make it into an advertisement. I also love how they didn't just use a bold font, but rather the outline of the letters. 



This is one of my favorite ski designs I found. I love the color, and how they are so detailed. I would love to make my way down the mountain on these. 


Salomon is my favorite ski brand, and their graphics are always so beautiful. I love the emphasis they put on creating gender unique graphics to make the rider feel like they belong on those skis. 

I found this ski design interesting because it utilized the split complementary color scheme. For me it was interesting to see the design elements apply in such broad areas like ski graphic design. 

I love the variety of elements in this poster, the sharp lines of the mountains, the details in the skier or the variety of fonts a the top of the page. I also love the colors they used, and how they were more muted opposed to bright and overwhelming. 

I love the old school posters. They are so unique and so creative, with a variety of colors and typography. I like how they maintain the ski personality and grasp peoples attention and hold it. I think it would be really cool to get involved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment