Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 11

11

2 Color Posters

Trying to find some examples for the big text poster assignment we have coming up. Sadly there is not many examples of that, and this was the closest I could really find. 


I loved the distortion with this poster. How some of the words are upside down, but not all of them. I also love the color choice with the turquoise and white on a black and white photo in the background. 


I just thought this was a really creative idea, with how they made it drip ink and then there is the & drop in the ink drop. I also love the texture of the background, as if it were roughly painted on it. It adds a lot of dimension and texture to the piece. 


I really love this poster, its so creative. I love the umbrella and the rough text all around it. I also love how how they had rain drops coming from the sky, and the bold lettering that helps direct your attention into the right places. 


This is interesting to me, I hate it but at the same time I don't. Its too chaotic, but at the same time its really fun to look at it. Its informative, and colorful while not being too colorful. I really just cant make up my mind on how I feel about it. 


I love this piece, it makes so much since. I love how it is combining the two heads, showing how so someone is lost in their own mind, confused on which side to take; the good or the bad. I love the details alternating in colors at the bottom and the bold title. 


I love the divide in this piece. I love how they flipped it back and forth, and the simplicity yet complexity of it all. I really like the color scheme as well, it makes it really easy to look at. 


I love this one because of the bear, I like how the background doesn't make it seem as scary, and its actually kind of inviting. I love the details behind the bear as well that kind of help add dimension to the piece. 


I think this is a unique example, and I love the color scheme. I really like the details within the men, and the font and the banners. I love how they are turned facing the same direction it helps guide your attention.


This is one of my favorite pieces, I love the bold colors, vivid details and the marbled background. I think it brings forth a sense of mystery which makes you want to know more. I love the details in the triangle it makes it easy to look at. 

I really love the color and the bold fonts. The large fonts overlap and at first may seem chaotic, but at the same time it also comes across as kind of peaceful. I would definitely want to attend this concert. I also love the texture in the polka dots at the top of the piece. 


I really love this holiday themed piece, I love all the fun details in the bow and the titles. I think if I saw it in a window or on a telephone pole I would definitely want to go to the event. I think its a good use of color and texture. 
_________________________________

Olympics

In honor of the olympic games coming up next month I wanted to look at some of the old olympic visuals that have helped change the way they promote over the years. 


Like they say, everything gets better with age, I think that this promo poster is fantastic. I love the creme background, and the details in the skyline. I also love the font, and how big the olympic rings are above the rest of the poster. I really like how they took an older approach to it. 


I thought this was an amazing piece, representing how a nation will lift up their athletes during the olympics. I think this is a really powerful image that is well edited and has a lot of meaning behind it. It really brings light to how much the Olympics mean to all 


I think that last summers Olympic logo and kind of energy was very unique. I love how modern and bright it was, but at the same time I love the old school patriotic Olympics graphics and advertisements that they do. 


I love looking at this poster, because that really was one of the most memorable moments in Olympic history. I love how they incorporated the flags and how they placed the font as well as the supplement text underneath it. I also love the textured background with the scratched up ice. 


I love this older example from the olympics. I love the messy font that seems uneven and random, and the details in the buildings. I love the blue background and the way the Olympic rings are placed on the poster. 


This logo makes me excited for the Rio Olympics because it brings this sense of unity in my opinion, I love how they sculpted the trio of people and how they flow together perfectly. I really love this logo and look forward to the olympics. 



I am so excited for the Sochi olympics, not only to watch my friends compete but because it means another year of seeing unique advertisements and campaigns. I think they are already off to a great start for the Sochi games. 

Vancouver was one of the years that I remember watching the most. I love the flow of their advertisements and the colors used. I love how it was designed and how free flowing it is. I love the details intertwined, with the trees and the critters in the back. 


This logo is so familiar to me, because it is stamped all around Salt Lake City many close to my home. I work on the mountain they compete on, so its really interesting to look at at think of all it represents. I love the snowflake and how they put different colors in it. I will always love this logo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment