Thursday, December 12, 2013

Week 10

10

The Color Orange 

for our color projects I picked the tricky color orange. There isn't a ton about it, but its interesting to learn about one of the most under-appreciated colors in the color wheel.  


This represents orange in the sense of peace and tranquility. The book follows a young man who sets forth to live a peaceful life. 


This is orange representing change, the change in seasons from summer to fall. 


Orange representing an often rejected idea, and how people tend to lose sight of what is really important to them, and that is their family. 


This is orange representing moving forward, orange offers strength in hard times. 


This was the perfect color to use for this because orange helps us bounce back in difficult times. Which really represents what they were trying to promote through this poster. 


I really love this as an ad for a company, because through the different colors of orange it comes across as very cheerful and exciting. 

I just love this piece, and the contrast within it. I really like how it continues off the perceived canvas. I also really like all the different fonts within it. 


I think this example shows how orange can be optimistic and cheerful.I think its just a really bright and happy and I enjoy looking at it.  


I thought this was a cool logo, a very clean and fresh logo. I love the different shades of orange, but I think the butterfly is a little too much and a little tacky. 



This one speaks for itself. It really gets that happy and uplifting emotion brewing. I also love how it has two different fonts in it that complement each other well. 


Orange represents social interaction, so I think in this case it shows orange in the sense of someone trying to fit into a social scene. 


This one does really portray meaning, but I think it is a cool way to use all the different shades of orange. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


Lacrosse Advertisements

I play lacrosse here at Lindenwood, so its always interesting to see all the advertisements that come out around the country.Since lacrosse is relatively new, some of the media and advertisements aren't that great, and lack professional touch. It is really weird to watch the lacrosse world evolve and adapt to a more broad and commercial style. 


I love the layout and the bold font. I think they were smart in having the two different colors of text. Overall I think its a bold statement, and a really creative concept.  I think the fact that they put the text in the back at first and then in the front really adds to it and makes it  


This is one of my favorite lacrosse ads, I love it as a whole, as well as many of its individual features. I really love the font, and the silhouettes of the players against the rain. I also really like the message it is portraying in stating that lacrosse isn't about appearance but what you do when you step on the field. 


This is the logo from a lacrosse store in my hometown. They use it on stickers for cars and windows, and it has spread like wildfire in Utah. I think the colors they used draw immediate attention, and I really love their unique and original. The font kind of throws me off if I stare it for too long, but overall this is one of my favorite logos. 


This is another lacrosse logo that I think is really well done. I love the simplicity with the just the black and white, as well as the tag line and bold font. I think they did a really good job with the logo design, and I think it really makes it seem prestigious and people would want to use their gear. 

This was a logo for a lacrosse tournament that I personally played in. I think the logo represents the location and the sport really well. I love the banner and the different fonts. I also love how they tied in the details with the mountains and the lacrosse head. 


I love Nike ads, and i really love this one because it has such a cool picture and such a powerful quote behind it. I think they did a really good job with the bold lettering and the placement of everything. 


I think this is a cool ad because its in the winter, which just really makes it that much more dramatic. I love the wording in front of the player, and since its placed in front of the player it takes the spotlight off of him and more on the message it is trying to send. 


I think that US Lacrosse did a good job with their logo. They made it patriotic and legible. I really like how they incorporated the shape of the lacrosse head and the detail with the ball and the movement of the ball. 

This is our schools lacrosse logo, I personally love it. I love how they used all the school colors and the school mascot. I think there is always room for improvement, but as far as a simple logo its very solid and easy to look at. 


I thought this was a cool concept, a little tacky and I feel like they could have used more of the empty space to make a better piece and advertise themselves much better. 
A couple years ago a UVA lacrosse player who was number 1 on the team and was murdered by her boyfriend, and the whole lacrosse community came together to not let something so terrible happen to female college students again. I love the logo, and I think it is really moving to look at. The heart immediately grasps your attention and then you see the 1 above it and you then realize what it represents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment